In 2014 and 2015, RACMA delivered eight e-debates and discussions to doctors, based on contemporary and ‘edgy issues’ that are current to health services, medical and clinical administration. The EIP was delivered online via a Learning Management System in a webinar format, and podcasts of the sessions and associated reading material are available here. The program provides doctors in medical and clinical management positions in rural and remote areas opportunities to enhance their CPD and sustain best practices in medical leadership and management. The EIP also improves networking and collegiality, provides a resource, encourages interaction and reduces the impact of professional isolation.
Each podcast runs for 1 to 1.5 hours and comprises a presentation, debate, and discussion between the presenter and other participants.
E-dgy Issues Podcasts
- Revalidation – Held on Thursday, 29 May 2014
- End of Life – Held on Wednesday, 2 July 2014
- Health Workforce – How can it be maintained in rural areas in the 21st Century? Held on Thursday, 21 August 2014
- Where’s my work life balance? Isolation and support for rural doctors – Held on Wednesday, 8 October 2014
- Inequality in Indigenous Health – What lessons in Indigenous health have been learnt? Held on Wednesday, 20 May 2015
- Playing ball – Embracing collaborative care and reducing load on rural practice through true multidisciplinary integration – Held on Wednesday, 15 July 2015
- Conquering fragmented rural mental health and other specialist medical services – Telehealth – Held on Wednesday, 19 August 2015
- Ageism, sexism, bullying, respect or un-esteemed collaborations between medical professionals. Are we duplicating what is taught in medicine? Held on Wednesday, 14 October 2015