In 2014 and 2015, RACMA delivered eight e-debates and discussions to doctors, based on contemporary and ‘edgy issues’ that were current to health services, medical and clinical administration. Some of this content may now be out of date, however the topics remain relevant across regional, rural and remote Australia.
The EIP was delivered online via a Learning Management System in a webinar format, and videos of the sessions are available here. The program provided doctors in medical and clinical management positions in rural and remote areas opportunities to enhance their CPD and sustain best practices in medical leadership and management. The EIP also reduced the impact of professional isolation.
Each video runs for 1 to 1.5 hours and comprises a presentation, debate, and discussion between the presenter and other participants.
E-dgy Issues Videos
- Revalidation – Held on Thursday, 29 May 2014
- End of Life – Held on Wednesday, 2 July 2014
- Health Workforce – How can it be maintained in rural areas in the 21st Century? Held on Thursday, 21 August 2014
- Where’s my work life balance? Isolation and support for rural doctors – Held on Wednesday, 8 October 2014
- Inequality in Indigenous Health – What lessons in Indigenous health have been learnt? Held on Wednesday, 20 May 2015
- Playing ball – Embracing collaborative care and reducing load on rural practice through true multidisciplinary integration – Held on Wednesday, 15 July 2015
- Conquering fragmented rural mental health and other specialist medical services – Telehealth – Held on Wednesday, 19 August 2015
- Ageism, sexism, bullying, respect or un-esteemed collaborations between medical professionals. Are we duplicating what is taught in medicine? Held on Wednesday, 14 October 2015