This series of podcasts focuses on providing resources to Australian rural and regional Fellows, trainees and international medical graduate specialists, though the principles discussed also would usually apply in urban practice. The underlying importance of respect applies to all cross-cultural interactions. For further information please visit the College website .
This project has been funded by the Department of Health under the Rural Health Continuing Education Sub-program (RHCE) Stream One, which is managed by the Committee of Presidents of Medical Colleges.
The Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists is solely responsible for the content of, and views expressed in any material associated with this project.
- Asking about Indigenous Status (9 mins 54 secs)
- Communication (9 mins 54 secs)
- Consent (7 mins 9 secs)
- Culture (9 mins 47 secs)
- Culture Shock (IMGS) (5 mins 3 secs)
- Diffusing Anger (8 mins 43 sec)
- Pain Management (5 mins 25 sec)
- Pre-operative Visit (7 mins 45 sec)
- Traditional Parenting (5 mins 46 sec)