July 12, 2015 Uncategorised Comments Off on Clinical Decision Rules
This module, Clinical Decision Rules, must be completed first. It introduces the concept of evidence based medicine and the creation and use of clinical decision rules.
Duration: 90 minutes
This first module focuses on Clinical Decision Rules and will answer the following questions:
- What are they?
- How are they developed?
- What do you need to know to use them appropriately?
- How would you use clinical decision rules to help you decide if a patient required diagnostic imaging?
- Assessing the quality of a clinical decision rule – how good does it have to be to be useful?
- What else do you need to think about when you consider imaging a patient with a particular condition, apart from estimating the risk of serious pathology?
- Module Chapter (PDF)
- Clinical Decision Rules (iBook)
Start this module by clicking on the button below: