July 12, 2015 Uncategorised Comments Off on Suspected Pulmonary Embolism
As this module builds on the information from the Clinical Decision Rules (CDRs) module, it is important that you have completed it prior to commencing this module.
Duration: 120 minutes
This module will answer the following questions:
- What is this condition?
- How can clinical decision rules help to standardise pre-test risk evaluation of patients with possible pulmonary embolism (PE)?
- What clinical decision rules can help to determine pre-test risk of PE in patients with suspected PE and the requirement for imaging?
- Is this patient likely or unlikely to have PE?
- What else do you need to think about, other than the pre-test probability of PE, when you are considering performing diagnostic imaging in a patient with suspected PE?
- Module Chapter (PDF)
- Suspected Pulmonary Embolism (iBook)
- The Pulmonary Embolism Rule-out Criteria PERC (PDF)
- Simplified Wells Score (PDF)
- The Charlotte Rule (PDF)
- Wells Score (PDF)
- Pocket size – The Pulmonary Embolism Rule-out Criteria (PERC) (PDF)
- Pocket size – Simplified Wells Score (PDF)
- Pocket size – The Charlotte Rule (PDF)
- Pocket size – Wells Score (PDF)
- Poster Overview (PDF)
Start this module by clicking on the button below:
Previous LessonNext Lesson