Duration: 120 minutes
This module will answer the following questions:
- What is this condition?
- How can clinical decision rules help to evaluate patients who present with cervical spine symptoms following blunt trauma?
- What else do you need to think about when you consider imaging a patient with this condition apart from pre-test risk?
- How do you evaluate a patient in order to determine whether their need for imaging can be assessed using NEXUS or the Canadian C-Spine (cervical-spine) Rule (CCR) or neither one?
- What imaging test should you do if they need imaging?
- Is CT sufficient to exclude clinically important cervical spine instability due to ligamentous injury or should you refer the patient for MRI?
Start this module by clicking on the button below: